Soaring Eagle Enterprises
February 6, 2012 Week 6
Competency: Decision Making and Ethics
Decisions at the appropriate level.
"In my house, I am the boss. My wife is just the
1. When team members attempt to move decisions to you, push
them back and require them to make a decision.
2. Get comfortable with phrases such as "what do you think" or
"how would you handle it."
3. Create and maintain a system that supports decision making
and avoid hyper-criticality when a decision made by a
subordinate team member is incorrect.
4. Coach for lessons learned and don't be so anxious to berate
a team member when a decision is wrong.
5. Manage a 90% rule for all decisions affecting customers.
This rule requires that the vast majority of decisions
required at a line level are made at a line level.
Who We Are:
Soaring Eagle Enterprises converts
training into learning andlearning into performance. We
Let us help you achieve your 2012 objectives through:
Leadership and Supervision Development
Customer Service Training
On Line Learning
P.O. Box 35707
Las Vegas, Nevada 89133