Soaring Eagle Enterprises
April 9, 2012 Week 15
Competency: Coaching and Providing Feedback
Teaching and Training
"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart
people into thinking they can't lose."
1. For any teaching or training activity, have a clearly
defined objective and learning outcome for the participant.
2. Provide positive feedback when a skill is learned and
3. Use a debriefing approach when there is a failure or
misstep of learned skills.
4. Avoid over-teaching and let learning participants share in
the discovery of techniques and approaches.
5. Explain the why things occur and not just that they must
6. When training others, be sure to appeal to visual,
auditory, and kinesthetic (trying it) learners.
Who We Are:
Soaring Eagle Enterprises converts
training into learning andlearning into performance. We
improve performance. Let us help you achieve your 2012
Leadership and Supervision Development
Customer Service Training
On Line Learning
P.O. Box 35707
Las Vegas, Nevada 89133